This car came from the Commonwealth Sugar Refineries' Hambledon Mill.
It is a Type 4SL, Builders Number 7084 of 1954, running on 24".
It had (and may still have) four sisters.
Goondi Mill owned BN8376 which was a 4S/BB, as were the cars at Macknade (8377) and Victoria Mills (8375).
There is information to suggest that there was two (8388 and 8389) other cars of the 4SL style also located at the Goondi Mill. It appears all these cars were built in or around 1959 by Wickham in the UK.
The 4S/BB denotes a car fitted with reversible seating, whilst the 4SL cars were fitted with forward facing seats.
The car above still has its flange brakes. These were removed from other cars because they were fairly ineffective.
This car is currently under restoration
© Nic Doncaster